Monday, July 21, 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow!






I have been throwing around the idea of cutting off my hair for about a month. My original plan was to do it when i turned 30 for some reason. Maybe I felt like turning 30 meant I was officially a grown up, and thus would need to for-go the long locks.... I don't know, it was just a plan. Then I just was getting so sick of my hair, how much was falling out in the shower, and becuase I was weaning Phoebe my hormones or something were making it psycho. So I just thought what the heck, i'll do it now. I cut off 11 inches!!!(actually 12, if you count how much more had to be cut to even it out) I am going to donate it probably to the Pantene Beatiful Lengths program, who make wigs for women who has lost their hair due to breast cancer.
I am still "ify" about my new hair. It's just so shocking! I also had her cut bangs, which I have not had since I was 12 (you know, the lame ones you cute yourself). I am already thinking I am not a BANGS girl... I don't know how you bang-up gals do it. They are totall bugging me! I figure if I don't like it after a while, it will grow on me... literally. It did only take me about 3 years to get it to the length it was at, so it grows pretty fast. Sean said he likes it, and that he felt like he got to sleep with a new woman!
Faye was my fabulous photographer for the first 2 pictures... pretty good for a 5 year old, and the last 2 are good old self-photos. And Sean called my in the last one, so I am not looking at the camera... No, I was not posing!

15 comments:

Kori said...

SO SO SO cute. I love it.

Hendricksonblog said...

I really like it but it is really weird at the same time.
You look totally different and I think it makes you look more like Mom. It makes your face look thinner but some of that is due to the fact of taking a picture of yourself-----it always distorts because you are tilting your head different. It looks good and Sean needs help!!!!!

Heather said...

It looks so good! It is a drastic change though! Does it feel totally wierd cutting off that much? Looks cute!:)

Sarah Lee said...

oh great... now I DO look like a nerdy mormon mom! with the long shorts, the short hair, the distorted face... it's all over now, I might as well start listening to LightFM100 in the car.

Susan Catmull said...

I think your hair looks fabulous. Very chic and updated. Hair will always grow so why not get it cut and have a change. Love it!

jen1313 said...

You look so chic. I love the new look! That's neat to donate your hair, especially with such a beautiful color, whoever gets it will be lucky.

Devyn said...

Sarah! I love it!! Seriously, it looks so cute on you! I want to brave too but im not. I really think its a great style on you!!

Devyn said...

Oh and I disagree... I think you look young and hip!!! TOTALLY!

Erin said...

Wow I wouldn't recognize you!

Gill Family said...

Goodness gracious! I can't believe you finally did it! I think you look hot! I love the Drea picture though! Sure Sure it was Sean's fault. I love it! We need to get together soon.

The Bronson Bunch said...

Who is your hair dresser? She did a FAB job! HA HA HA! You do look really good with that cut! I hope that you really do like it now that you have had a week or so to get used to it!

Hendricksonblog said...

Our mom is young and hip......I guess to those that dont know her that may not have sounded like a compliment.

Marie Lefler said...

I think it looks just perfect on you. When I chopped my hair off about a year or so ago, Jason also said the same thing about going to bed with a different woman. Funny!

LouandAngela said...

I think your hair looks darling! It's hard to give up the length. I chopped mine too, but not quite so much. I probably took off 6-8inches.

It's been such a busy crazy summer, I've been a blogging slacker--at least for reading everybody's. It's fun to catch up.

Did you get the message that the Watsons are in town? They are planning a get together August 2 at 6pm at the park near your old home. It would be fun to see you if you can come. I think it's a potluck dinner(bring your own drinks).

Took said...

Hi Sarah,

I don't know if you will even remember me, since the last time we talked was at your wedding, but I just wanted to say Hi! and that you havea beautiful family! AND I love the new haircut. You look beautiful as always.

take care,
took