My pretty peonies
Why would they remake the A-team and NOT use Mr. T? It's not like he's busy~! that was a Craig Ferguson joke the other night, though of course everything is funnier with his accent. I find him oddly attractive, in a Dick Van Dyke/Jughead from the Archie comics kinda way.
It's been 2 weeks since we found out Sean got the job, and yet I still feel a little worried. Don't get me wrong, I am SO relieved! But part of me feels like maybe something isn't going to work out. It is, I know it is, i'm just being paranoid. He starts July 1st, the day after his last day at his job now. What are the odds? I mean really! I am so grateful, thankful, happy, elated, you name it.
Summer is in full swing and we are staying up late, sleeping in, eating loads of crap and swimming (if you can call a 6 inch deep pool that) half of the days. It's great. I love this time of year. As I type the girls are upstairs watching Beetlejuice... luckily I caught the "Nice f@#%ing model!" part. Faye only thinks he says "freakin" because she has no idea what the real "f" word is. yet. Though she does know he grabs his crotch and there's a "honk, honk" sound (pretty funny really). I know, not so nice, but how can I deprive them of such artistry in film?
Father's day was grand with a day at church, my girls wearing matchy poo outfits (once again) and then a BBQ at the Hendricksons home. I got Sean a big nice Lifetime product picnic table. My dad got one too. So did Dave. Apparently we all like dining alfresco. Fancy us.
It was also Axel's birthday so on Saturday we went and saw Toy Story 3. Best Movie of the year. Really. You get it all: Funny, sad... and a little bit creepy in there. I even cried. It was THAT good. Phoebe did too. Though she was crying for a different reason. Lotso Bear broke the heart necklace from Daisy and Big baby was crying a real baby sounding cry and it broke Phoebe's heart. She even had tears. She said to me "Dat bear so mean to da baby mom". It was cute.
Phoebe and Axel are so cute together, they could almost pass as twins. Though she's a whole year older! Phoebe has ADD and can never sit still.
There is nothing sweeter than the smell of success! and hopefully that smell is not coming from Phoebe's underoos. She is potty-trained! Woohoo! It's not like she's little or anything, she just 2 weeks shy of turning 3, but she was not having it any earlier. She pooped her pants 5 days in a row and today she went kaka in the toy toy. I hate people who talk like that. Really though, just look at those cute cheeks! I love em, even if the panties are on backwards.
These jammie pants are what she so lovingly calls her "Toby" jammies. If you are familiar with the movie Labrynth you will know that the baby Toby wears red and white striped jammies in that movie. Another fine, fine piece of work.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Don't pity this fool
Posted by Sarah Lee at 6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was so excited to take the kids to Toy Story 3 but now that over 10 people have said they cried I am not sure!!!:) That is great about the job! I am sure that is a relief. Your girls are getting so big! They could definately handle a "little" hike like the one we took!!:)
What kind of crazy movies are you letting your kids watch? You probably own "The Never Ending Story"... am I right? I guess you like living in the past. Just look at those cute jumpers you have your girls in. Laurel and I used to have matching ones when we were little. Mine was purple and hers was pink, but I always made her trade me. Good times. :)
Also, congrats on the job. Someone is definitely looking out for you and your nerves.
Mom is right to call Phoebe a little "pip". Those pics are funny. She is really little to cry in a movie. You might be in trouble "mom what are they doing to ET"
Neverending Story 1 and 2 for you information! ha ha. Though number 2 is terrible, it just came with 1. We also own Dark Crystal and Peewee, which were a couple more of my favorites. We own almost every single Disney movie too, i'm not exclusive to the dark arts, though they tend to like the same kind of movies I always did. Weirdos.
You crack me up! I may have to borrow your Pee Wee from you. Also, I just read your comment about Brian Booth on Nat's blog. Funny, I'm LOL...
I'm not so much a fan of Tim Burton. Or Dark Crystal, or the crazy one with David Bowie. Sorry. But you can let your kids like those shows. I do like Peewee, however. I need to let my kids see that one.
Kate was disturbed by the baby doll in toy story. I didn't like how the strawberry bear would hit the baby. It made Kate cry and she kept thinking about it. But that movie made me laugh so hard. Loved it!
Post a Comment