Friday, August 29, 2008

Sickie Sally & Chip N Dale





Daphne has been really sick, on and off all week. She threw up in the middle of the night on Tuesday, but then was fine on wednesday. Then yesterday she threw up about 4 times in the morning, slept all afternoon, then seemed fine again by evening. Well she came into our room at about 4:00 this morning, and again with the barfing! I hope she gets over this soon, I know she is miserable.

The second picture makes me laugh! Phoebe looks like Dale from Chip N Dale (the chipmunks, not sexy dancers!) And Faye looks kind of funny too.

I love the 3rd picture of Daphne... she just looks cute to me! Notice her underwear in the back, Phoebe's naked legs, and my leg showing a little garment.. ooh la la.

The last is of the girls being "Santa Clause" in the bathtub.

So, this is a whole new subject, but... does anyone cook anymore? I just went visiting teaching last night and I was telling her what we had for dinner (italian meatloaf) and she acted like it was something so extravagant... it is SO not! Her family was having taquitos (the kind you heat up in the microwave... However, i'm sure they don't always eat like that) and I admit we have crap sometimes too (like Wendy's on Tuesday!). Then last week I was talking about dinner with some other people and I was saying a couple recipes my family likes, and they acted like "WOW, you're some fancy chef"! I am NOTHING close to being "fancy", but I am finding more and more that no one hardly makes dinner anymore. What's up with that? Are we just getting too lazy?

8 comments:

Devyn said...

oh my goodness i am kinda terrified to have a sick, puking kid! poor little girl! the pictures are so cute! your girls have so much fun! you make me laugh about the dinner thing.. its true, i think that we are just getting lazy. i want to be a better cook. i cook dinner every night but nothing really good. just quick and easy. i like meatloaf.. what is your receipe for italian meatloaf??

Heather said...

I think everyone is just tired by the time the day is over!! I usually cook (I would love to be rich and just eat out everynight though):) I like easy recipes that don't take a lot of time. I hope the throwing up stops soon!! I hate that, especially the clean up part!!

Hendricksonblog said...

Thank heaven for your little Green huh?
I think that might be why people are so overweight...........eating crap...
I have those taquitos in my freezer but we do not have them for dinner.

Susan Catmull said...

I just hate making dinner. So I do things that take about 30 minutes or less to make. We eat a lot of baked chicken with pasta or rice and veggies, tons of hamburger helper meals(my kids love these) and the good old standby spagetti. Sometimes I make breakfast for dinner, like cheese omelets and hash browns or pancakes, etc. But I too love the super quick meals like a burrito in the mircrowave. I am very plain and don't use a lot of recipes because my kids hate things that are mixed together. Picky kids- imagine that from the pickiest eater of them all ME! Hopefully they will be better eaters than me. Holy Crap my post is so long I just took up the whole side of your comment area. I'll shut up now- I think I had too much diet coke and the caffeine has gotten to me.

Nichole said...

I HATE silk garments...but your girls are cute! That one of Daphne in her undies is really cute!! As for cooking...we can't afford to eat out nor can I afford nice cooked meals but I do cook...sometimes it's just hamburger helpers but it's too expensive to eat out!! But I agree that people don't eat dinners together as often as they used to!

Marie Lefler said...

I make dinner almost every night and I try to make different things all the time. Like the other night I made a curry stir fry, really easy and really good. I just cooked chicken with stir fry veggies added the seasonings I wanted and ate them over Ramen noodles. It was the best Noah had eaten in a while!

I have also found this website with yummy recipes. Here it is: http://www.favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/
I made the chicken pot pie. It was really easy, just a little time consuming, and really good!

The Bronson Bunch said...

You are too funny! I too have become lazy this summer on cooking! Lately though, with this fall like weather I have found my inner cook and I am ready to go! Tonight pancakes, tomorrow taco soup. Yummy!

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

I am so glad you found out blog!!! We love following your family...they are getting so big and beautiful...Hate to see little ones sick, but unfortunatly that's life...get better soon..(there is nothing worse than a sick throwing up little person...yuck!!)Oh, about cooking...there are alot of easy meals to make...now I am working part time, I am finding out how easy!! Love you guys!!