Tuesday, August 9, 2011

She's got freckles on her BUT we love her!

Anyone remembers Mr. Summers singing this song in the Hallways of Orchard Elementary? Remember, too, how he was the teacher EVERYONE wanted? Well, I never had him as a teacher at orchard elem, but I did have him as a stake president. Complete 360! I was not fond of his "style". I was in young womens at the time and he cut Oakcrest. He said the girls had YW camp and that was all they needed. I guess the fact that the boy scouts go camping ALL the time is different. I thought it was lame. He was just SO serious. It was weird. Even more weird; He remembers everyone! Even kids that never had him as a teacher.

Daphne FINALLY lost a tooth. Sheesh. She's a slow one. Faye had already lost 4 at this point. She is, however, fast at thinking. She cracks me up.

The other day Nellie left a lego house on my bed (she and eric came to cut out a pinewood derby car with Sean's dad wood-working shtuff). Daphne was wowed by Nellie's lego skills and said "MOM, how did she get humans INSIDE the house?" what kid says humans. Why not just people.

Then a bit later Faye said "I know, she left that house as good luck so that WE will get the house"... my kids are weirdos. Though maybe I should adopt Faye's positive outlook.

Today I let Daphne know we (IF they were good) are going to Lagoon next week. She immediately said "WHAT?! We are cheating on 7 peaks!" I don't even know how or why she understands this phrase, but I laughed really loud and she was pleased with herself.

So, yes, we are still waiting... ugh. We went out last week and looked at 6 houses. People, yet again, are disgusting. 2 houses smelled like cat and dog pee... not short sales. I repeat, NOT short sales! One house felt like a double wide trailer on the inside... except i've seen NICER doublewides. The nicest house was just too big. It really was. 4200 sq ft. is just way too much for us. Plus the backyard wasn't done and it wasn't all the way fenced. The neighborhood was weird too. Every size of house. 2 houses away was a siding split entry, what? Not that I have anything against split entry's... well, yes, yes I do. They are terrible! but it was starter homes, medium-sized houses and really big houses just all mixed. It just felt weird to us.

1 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Nah, Lily Eskelson was the best teacher and I bet she would be a cool stake president too