Or should I say field.... we started a fire with fireworks last saturday night. Yep, we are those idiots. Let me restate that I clearly said "um, that dry grass if awefully close and worries me a little"... however I didn't do must protesting as they lit them off anway. In a backyard. With dry grass surrounding the whole cement pad. AND with a field of dry grass 10 feet away. Hey, these boys did grow up in Magna ;). Nellie and Eric came over to Jon and Pat's while Heather was here to do smores and fireworks. We only did about 4 or 5 when one tipped over, shot at the kids, burned Faye's leg, Sean kicked it, it lands right in the said dry grass and started a fire. We all scrambled, got the kids outta the way and the guys ran to get hoses. It was getting bigger so I called 911. I turned into one of those people who wasn't answering the questions right! Mostly becuase I couldn't hear the guy with kids and people yelling and screaming all around. The flames got about 8 feet ghigh and burned an area about 6x6 feet. They got it out pretty quick, but those 3 or 4 minutes felt like forever! The fire dept had to come anyway just to make sure. He said we did everything right and that it's surprising how many people they see that just panic and sit there and watch the joint burn!
We also went to the Zoo last week. We loved the new dinosaur additions! Well, not PHoebe. She hated them and kept a distance of at least 25 feet when ever we came upon on. Forgot the camera.
Then that night the girls were in the Bountiful parade. I, too, got to be in it. Yay, for me.... if you had any kids under 6 they wanted you to walk along the side. It was just the stake float (the stake I didn't even know the name of), but the girls really wanted to be in the parade. They all wore signs with the names of missionaries in the stake and got to wave the flag of the country(or state) they were serving. pheebs rode in the trailer and the other 2 walked with me. Daphne was picking up candy the other paraders had dropped and was throwing it out to people. She thought it was swell. She was smiling, waving her flag and hand at everyone. Just when I think she's sort of shy, she surprises me. Again, forgot the camera... in the car. What a lame mom I am. I think it's much more fun to watch and not BE in the parade.
I am struggling. Big time. This short sell business is testing my patience. Which I already know I am short on. We have now been waiting 3 and 1/2 months! They got the approval on the first mtg 2 weeks ago and the agent says we are close on the 2nd. Bah! We even found a crazy nice HUD home just up the street, put in an offer, but were outbid :( That's when I hit bottom and bawled. I'm so bored out of my mind. I can only go to 7 Peaks and the park so many times. Without a house, I am truly lost. A house is what I do. I have really come to realize this. Not only what I do, but what I LOVE to do. Clean, cook, yardwork and my favorite is doing the decor. I always have some project or another (or several reallY) going. When it's not your house (and when they are renting themselves) it's just a whole different world. There is yard work here, it's a HUGE yard, but since Sean's dad is retired, besides his woodwork, it's all he really has to do. I can't take that from him! The ward here is nice, but no one really talks to us. And I completely understand. I'm sure they don't want to put forth any effort since they know we are moving again (someday). They did put us both in primary to help out with classes that needed a 3rd teacher for subbing and what not. It's nice to feel I have some sort of obligations. But again, i'm in with the sunbeams, which means I will need to fill my own spiritual needs. (let's be honest, that's what happens when you're in primary).
And now, here we are 3 1/2 weeks from school starting again. I really thought we'd be in a house, getting settled and ready for school. I guess our move up north went so smoothly and easy, I think everything should be that way. The move back has not been as slick, but really, I should count how good things have gone; We got a good price for our home (unheard of right now), they paid cash which saved us thousands!, and now we get this time to really find what we want. That's what I have to remind myself when I get so bored with life right now. I should be so grateful we get this time and weren't rushed into just buying whatever we could find in the short amount of time between the offer and the closing of our house. We looked too, and there was nothing we liked... that wasn't bank owned or a short sale. I'm thinking good thoughts and the girls say often in their prayers "please let the 2nd bank let us get the house"... they listen more than I know!
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Burning down the house!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"You did everything right!" Especially the part where you kicked a firework into the dry grass. . .
Hang in there. I'm sorry you're in that situation. I can understand why you're frustrated and don't blame you a bit.
I get WAY more spiritual uplift from primary, because they actually talk about Jesus in there instead of all the crazy tangents. And kids say funny things and expose the family secrets.
I don't envy you on the house thing. Living in the apartment was literally 6 months of hell for me. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you're really that bored I could use some help organizing and decluttering my house! I'd love the help :)
We are trying to sell our house and in the process we are looking for something in the West Jordanish area...but, it's not a buyers market...there is either junk out there or bank owned/short sales.....nothing for regular buyers...I feel your pain, and wish you all the luck finding what you need soon!
well at least you can get a good tan huh? Aachooo
Post a Comment