Our Florida vacation was so much fun... as seen in pictures. The first day were were starved after just peanuts and Lorna doones, so we went to a buffet! oh yeah, buffet, baby! It was also 4:30. You know what that means? 4:30+buffet= old people! Hey, we were in Florida. It was a fajita buffet and it was gewd. Shrimp fajita, chicken, steak, pulled pork... ahhh. But the best thing ever: Buffalo shrimp! Where has these been all my life? That night we went to downtown disney and just walked around. It was fun enough, but I don't see the fun in Disney without your kids.
Day 2: The second day started out with a buffet breakfast, followed by interogations for 2 hours. We said "yes" to a tour and info about the time share where we stayed... BAD IDEA?... nah, not too bad. They gave us an awesome deal on our universal/wetNwild tickets and we already knew we weren't going to do it. They pulled out the big guns though and the "deal" for the timeshare somehow keeps going down in price the longer you say "no". After all the negotiations were done, (which there were NONE!) we were off to Universal. It was so fun. I think i'll be saying that word a LOT in this post! Highlights were: the Mummy ride with all the sweet pyrotechnics, jaws is still a classic (well, a first for me, classic for everyone else for the past 30 years), the creepy gun on the Men in Black ride that looked like a "personal massager"... , The Simpsons ride where Maggie grows like King Kong after being exposed to radiaton and sucks on you like a binky (and you even smell her baby powder), and the Rock It Coaster. That thing went on FOReVER. You got to pick your genre of music, then the artist, I went with Beastie Boys "Sabotage!"... Have I said FUN yet? That night dinner at Bubba Gumps. MMM, deelish.
Day 3: Boggy creek airboat ride... or as Marie kept calling it Soggy Bottom airboat rides... but not on purpose, she could never remember the name. There were love bugs getting busy all over the place, but once the boat started going, they were gone. We saw a whole nest of babie gators and mom was only about 15 feet from the boat! There were also some gorgeous blue herons. Our Boat tour guide kept saying "ya'll" and all sorts of redneck talk. I liked it. He also kept asking if "anyone knew what this was or that was" and Sean knew every answer and then some. He asked if Sean was after his job... for some reason Sean remembers every animal show detail he's every seen. After is was over we got to hold a baby gator. As much as they freak me out, it was actually kind of cute. Really. Just felt like a big lizard... duh, I guess it is, but the biggins I do NOT like. We then headed out to Cocoa beach. It was such a nice beach! the water so calm, clean, blue and pretty! California, your ocean sucks! It took up so long to get out to the beach and we had to be back for our Luau dinner at Sea world, sadly we were only at the beach a little over an hour. The dinner at the luau was just a'ight, but the dancing and entertainment was fantastic! (when is it not?) Marie and I went up and learned to hula and Jason went up and did some drumming. The big papa poly kept calling him "Utah"... pretty sure he's got some relatives living here. The fire dancing (see slideshow) was better than any i've seen! Plus the dancer was HOT! literally ;)
Day 4: Back to universal, but the Island of adventure side this time. SO much fun! better than the other side if you like rides and... HARRY POTTER! Butterbeer is divine! butterscotch icee with a creamy frothy topping. The attention to detail was so amazing, even down to the plants. The Harry potter and the forbidden journey ride is THE best ride i've ever been on! I'm going to be super dorky here and and say- It was magical! It really was. The dementors freaked me out and I screamed... like 3 times. But what's new, I always scream. We got the girls the Bernie Bots every Flavor beans...and vomit flavor wasn't my favorite. So gross. I will just leave all the rest of it at merry, witty, pleasant, boisterous and downright enjoyable! The hulk coaster was insane with corkscrews left and right. That night we went to the Blue Man Group. I had no idea what to expect, all I knew was they hit drums with paint on them. It was hilarious and definitely entertaining and super LOUD! Louder than some concerts i've been to. We had a late dinner at the Latin Quarter. Sean got some sauce with his dinner that was a cilantro, basil, oregano, olive oil mixture of pure heaven! We then went to the karaoke bar and it was super high tech fancy with back up singer and all that jive, BUT there was about 8 people in the whole place. We got to see the dude who was the Jaws ride person (whatever they are called) do a Killers song, and he was really good. But he was there alone. Where he works. After he was off work. Kind of sad really. Then there was a whole string of weird looking people who turned out to be really good singers. Just like the Voice... but no chubby Christina Aguilera.
Day 5: Wet N Wild waterpark! If you ever go to Orlando, go in May. We went on everything here in less than 2 hours. Just walked right up to each slide. I think my favorite was the brainwash. it's a 4 person tube ride. It's really dark and there's falshing lights. You go up and down the sides of it, all while you are INDSIDE the thing. Trippy dude. I also got a not-asked-for-colon-cleansing. FOR REAL! Went down one of those super steep slides, un-crossed my legs for a split second... BOOM, enema! There's more to the story, but it's long and kind of crappy... Once I got my leaky bum under control, we went on a few more slides and then the wave pool. Their wave pool was pretty tame and therefore pretty lame. That night dinner at Pat O'Brians new orleans style food. I had shrimp jambalaya and a muffeletta sandwich. Man, I really like food.
Day 6: gathering our wits, went to the Mermaid store, the wizard store, got gassed and headed out. Our trip was half roller coasters, half food. Go, go, go and fun, fun, fun. I'm pretty sure Jason was worn out after day 2. Vacation means different things to different people. Vacation to us is not laying about like a slob. To me, just not having to worry about kids was pure relaxation! I want to do and see everything time permits, and then some. I could have stayed another week. Oh, how I miss the 93 degree weather, the humidity and having curly hair.....
Now back to life and waiting... and waiting. I don't know how people can rent, you seriously have nothing to do. i'm going CRAZY!
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds really fun! I've never been to Florida. I could go on an eating vacation and have the best time ever! Like a tour of a region just devoted to good food.
That mermaid looks creepy.
Have you heard Lindsey's water slide story? Hilarious! I remember going to 7 Peaks for mutual and Adam went down one of the steep slides and tried to sit up and flailed his arms and legs. It freaked my dad out.
Looks like you had fun...leaving the kids for a vacation is wonderful (of course you always miss them), but it is always a nice get away without them. :)
I have had the same exact thing happen to me at 7 peaks one summer. Total enema, and the after math was not so fun.
Have you found a house yet?
Sorry I didn't check my spelling before posting and I just can't have that.
Anyway, Glad you had fun. A little time away from the kiddies is always a needed thing every once in a while. Get ready for a Seven Peaks summer baby. We are.
I need a vacation without kids. We went to NY last July and it feels SO GOOD to get away, lay in bed without wondering when the kids will wake up, changing poopy diapers and all that jazz.
I am dying to go to Universal and see everything Harry Potter. I know I would LOVE it!!
Reading that post was kind of like I was on a ride. dont worry it was a fun ride. Im w/Jason though. I was tired after your day 2.
Post a Comment