Last week was a fun one. (cough, cough) Daphne had strep throat last weekend and on monday I took her to the Dr. to get on some delicious to the taste, amoxicillian. On the way out from the Doc she gets her sucker for being good and says to me "Mom, taste mine, it's so good". It was coconut. I love coconut. I grab her sucker and taste it. DUH!!! did we not just come to the Dr. for strep throat?! Come wednesday, I have a bit of a sore throat, and a nagging headache. I chalked it up to being up late from working the night before. The day goes on, I feel progressively worse. That night I had a book party, and not until I was on my way there did it dawn on me that I might have strep. I think it was the cold sweat, followed by hot sweating, then shivering. Thursday and Friday were aweful. I'm so thankful to my friend Marie who took my kids most of thursday so I could sleep it off. I even lost almost 5 pounds! not really, I haven't weighed myself in about a month, and i think since I started exercising again I lost the first 2 or 3 on my own. So really about 2 pounds. But I did get down below the mark I haven't hit for 8 years! But, it's all back, i'm sure. By saturday I was so hungry from hardly eating for 3 days, I ate WAY too much. And yesterday, more of the same.
On top of doctors, Faye got to go to the dentist and Daphne just went today. Verdict; Faye: a whopping 6 cavaties! Daphne: one little tiny one. Gosh, who are these kids parents? I loved when the dental hygenist asked Faye is her mom flosses her teeth and she says "No". Who really flosses all their kids teeth, i mean, REALLY? It made me feel like a slob though. Like i'm some disgusting person. Then at work the other night we had the conversation. Verdict; NO ONE flosses their kids teeth! On top of that, i'm not someone who has candy at my house and I DO make my kids brush their teeth every night and morning. Ba. Oh well, what can ya do? Let your kids teeth rot out, and end up silver-teethed kids (the bottle rot ones), um, no thanks.
Monday, September 21, 2009
sickness, what a pain.
Posted by Sarah Lee at 9:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Geez, Sarah- you are a bad mom, I floss my kid's teeth twice a day!
Not really. I only flossed them when she would ask, but then we took her to the dentist for the first time and they informed me I should floss them for her at least once a week. Can't she do it on her own? I already wipe her butt, what more do they want out of me? I guess if I let her do everything she'd smell like butt and have stinky breath all the time.
Amen Laurel. I'm lucky if I remind my kids to brush their teeth.
A couple of years ago, I had strep. It was terrible!! I thought I was going to die!
Glad you're feeling better now.
p.s. - my word verification is astess. Is that like princess, only an ass?
That does not sound like fun at all and no I do not floss my kids teeth!!! I totally agree with you and we get in trouble every time we visit the dentist too:)
Ella has 6 too and I take her to the Dentist every 6 months. My kids floss sometimes but it is mostly because they think those flossers are cool. Sam loves to floss but his teeth are so far apart he doesnt even need to. Ever since Ella heard she has to have cavities filled she is flossing like a freak. I think she thinks she can reverse the damage.
Post a Comment